Wound Care at WKS
At West Kentucky Wound Care Center we treat a wide variety of wounds including:
- Bedsores (pressure ulcers)
- Chronic or non-healing wounds
- Wounds of the legs or feet
- Venous disease causing swollen legs and non-healing wounds
- Diabetes mellitus with foot deformities, which can cause callouses and open wounds
- Surgical wounds that fail to heal
- Spider bites or abscesses
- Ostomy related skin problems and wounds
- Traumatic wounds
Our center is staffed by Jennie Bourne, APRN, CWA who is trained and certified in wound care. She will assess and determine the cause of the wound and identify appropriate treatment options. She also coordinates care of the patient by working closely with Dr. Dowdy, Dr. Koelsch, and Dr. Swain to ensure the most up-to-date and care is provided. Preventative techniques to keep wounds from recurring will be discussed and education of family and caregivers is an important component of your visit. Nutrition is very important to wound healing and further consultation may be needed with a dietician.
West Kentucky Wound Care is a service within West Kentucky Surgical. Patients can self-refer or be referred by a physician. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call (270) 753-2444.